Another Trip to Costco

 By Bruce Shawkey

Another trip to Costco with Dawn and Carl. Between the three of us, we drop a C-note, including a hot dog and soda lunch. We each get a rotisserie chicken, some bakery items, and laundry detergent. I get a 5-pound stock of frozen raw hamburger patties, and we decide to split a whole watermelon. Back at home, I cut up the watermelon, and dissect the chicken.

It was very busy in the store, with the kids being off from school for summer break and parents being off from work for the July 4th holiday. Costco still have big packs of fireworks for sale. The usual assortment of hawkers were there, selling cell phones and cable subscriptions.

I don't know what else I can say about Costco, having written about them many times before, both in this blog and my daily journal. I've been a member now for five or so years and feel I have always gotten my money's worth, whether here or in Florida. I even booked a cruise one year through them, and got a couple of Costco gift cards as part of the deal. You can buy darn near anything from them these days, including auto and home insurance, bottled water delivery, prescriptions, hearing aids, and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Trip to Costco

John "Ben" Bolerud, Mayor of Mineral Point

Raymond "Skip" Henderson